Carrot Cake Today Using Agave Syrup … By Lucy Simmons
April 14, 2016
Carrot cake, fruity, moist packed with goodness and totally delicious, today using Agave syrup..........
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Yields: 12 Party size
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas 4. Grease and line 2 X 20 cm cake tins.
- In a large bowl combine the oil, agave and eggs, beat with a wire whisk until all blended. Stir in the carrot.
- In a separate, medium bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder and spices. Stir in the walnuts, sultanas and orange zest (this will stop the walnuts and sultanas sinking when baked).
- Fold the flour mixture into the carrot mixture making sure there are no pockets of flour left behind, stir until well combined.
- Divide the mixture equally between the prepared tins and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. If the cake is not quite cooked after this time cover in foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Whip the cream to medium stiff peaks and place half in a large pipping bag with a star tip nozzle. Spread a layer of cream in the middle of the cake, pipping little stars around the edge and do the same for the top layer. Finish the top by sprinkling over the crushed walnuts. Enjoy.