Cheeky…… Chicken Satay Pitta Pockets… By Lucy Simmons
April 20, 2014
A great dinner that will impress your family! A lovely chicken satay sauce coated chicken and placed in a pitta pocket, all served with green salad. An easy dinner that is so enjoyable to make and lovely to eat.
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Yields: 8
- Make a yummy marinade - Peel the ginger, try this easy peeling method using a tea spoon and my mum loves using the peelings infused in her green tea 😉 and finely grate it and tip it into a bowl. Repeat with the garlic and lime zest. Halve the lime and juice it, then mix it in a bowl with the honey, soy, curry powder and peanut butter. Give it a good mix, adding a small splash of water if it’s too stiff, then spoon two thirds of the mix into a small pan. Set aside for Step 4.
- Now for some chicken bashing! Put the chicken in the sandwich bag, one breast at a time, flatten each one with a rolling pin or a meat mallet.
- Mix the chicken with the marinade together - Cut the chicken into strips, tip it into the remaining third of the peanut butter mix and stir well. Cover with cling film and chill until required. This can be done up to 3 hrs ahead.
- Cook your tasty sauce - While the chicken is marinating, pour the coconut milk into the pan and stir together with the peanut butter mix. The sauce needs to be heated very gently and stirred.
- Take the marinated chicken and put it in a large frying pan and cook for 20-30 minutes. When cooked, cut it into smaller pieces so it fits into your pitta pocket.
- Toast the pitta and add your chicken and satay sauce with a salad, in mine I liked to put carrot, cucumber and white cabbage.