Chocolate Fondants… By Lucy Simmons
September 12, 2014
Delicious melt in the mouth chocolate sponge with an oozy chocolate centre. Very quick and very tasty, served with cold clotted cream. Enjoy!
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 13 mins
- Yields: 5 Medium
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/ gas mark 6. Grease the sides and base of each ramekin. Sprinkle the inside with a little flour, turn the ramekin so the flour spreads. Tip the excess flour out. Line the base of the moulds with baking parchment.
2. Gently melt together the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over simmering water, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until doubled in size. Fold in the cooled chocolate. Sift over the flour and gently fold in.
4. Divide the mixture between the moulds making sure it isn't filled to the top.
5. Cook the fondants for 13 minutes. The sides should be firm and inside oozy and gooey chocolate. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the fondant. Turn the fondant out onto a plate.
6. Dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder and serve with ice cream or cream, whatever you fancy. Enjoy.