1. Preheat the oven to 200C and line a 12 bun muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. In a jug mix together all the wet ingredients, in a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and add the chocolate chips, stir together using a wooden spoon and don't over mix the batter. Pour the batter back into the jug and pour the mixture evenly into the muffin cases.
3. Sprinkle over any left over chocolate chips and bake for 20 minutes, a skewer should come out clean when inserted, if it doesn't, bake for another 3 minutes.
4. Place the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and break into pieces. Heat the cream in a saucepan until it just starts to boil, pour the cream over the chocolate and keep stirring until melted. Place in the fridge.
5. When the muffins have cooled, cut a deep circle out of the middle of each muffin using a knife. Take the ganache out of the fridge and with a teaspoon make a ball of ganache and place it in the centre of each muffin. Crumble the circle cut out and sprinkle over the top of each muffin.