Christmas Tree Meringue & Festive Fruit… By Lucy Simmons
November 28, 2014
It's a Christmas tree spin of the famous pavlova, crispy baked meringue, gooey in the centre, covered with festive spiced fruit salad, fresh cranberries, orange, raspberries, blueberries and cinnamon all topped with cream, totally yum and great fun......
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 1 hr 40 mins
- Yields: 10 Generous
1. Pre heat the oven to 110C/ gas mark 1/4. Line two baking trays with baking parchment and set aside.
2. Place the egg whites in a bowl with the sugar and beat until they become firm. It will also be very glossy. This may take up to 10 minutes.
3. Place the mixture into a piping bag with a star tip nozzle and pipe xmas trees into the baking tray. Put in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until they are dry. These can be kept in an air tight container for a week.
4. In a sauce pan put the orange, cranberries and cinnamon stick and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-10 minutes until the cranberries become soft.
5. Transfer into a small bowl to let it cool. Prepare the other fruits. When the orange is cooled add the other fruits and stir until they have all been coated.
6. Now that everything is prepared you can put it all together, serve with lightly whipped cream. Enjoy.