Crispy Chilli Lamb…..
July 22, 2014
Vibrant and alive with flavour, beautiful tender loin of lamb, crispy, zingy with a gentle heat, crunchy fresh vegetables, soft bean sprouts, crispy volcanic rice noodles adorned with fresh mint, limes and coriander. Epic sharing dish, fun to make, a a truly beautiful dish to celebrate our amazing British lamb.
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Yields: 1
To marinate the lamb.
Slice the lamb into bite size slithers, place in a large non metallic bowl, add all the remaining marinade ingredients and massage it all together with your hands. Cover and place in a refrigerator for 1 hour minimum or overnight to infuse.
When you are ready to start, heat a large deep pan with vegatable oil 180c, prepare all other ingredients.
1. Drain excess marinade from lamb, reserving in a bowl, coat the lamb in cornflour and give it a good mix.
2. Plunge the fine rice noodles into the hot oil, one nest at a time. They will erupt like a volcano, deep fry for 30 seconds turning once, drain onto kitchen paper and keep them warm.
3. Into the hot oil and in 2 batches, gently place the lamb strips keeping them separate, deep fry for 1-2 minutes until golden and crisp, drain onto kitchen paper and keep warm.
4. Clean out the wok or pan, add a dash of ground nut oil placing on a high heat, add the onions and fry for 1 minute. Add peppers, beans and the reserved marinade and quickly stir fry 1-2 minutes. Then add the bean sprouts, a dash of soy, season with black pepper, add the chopped coriander and stir fry, mixing as you go for a further 1-2 minutes until everything is ready. Add the lamb to the mix and combine.
5. We are going to layer this dish up. On a warmed platter scatter handfuls of the crispy rice noodles, the lamb and crunchy veg and sprouts, add another layer of the remaining crispy noodles and top with the remaining lamb, scatter with corriander and mint leaves, a handful of lime wedges, crowning it all with a few red chillies.
Serve immediately. Epic......