Delicious Chocolate Mousse… By Lucy Simmons
February 18, 2016
A delightful smooth rich chocolate mousse simple to prepare in advance.... a real winner for dessert.
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Yields: 10
- In a small bowl mix together the cocoa powder, coffee granules and vanilla with 8tsp of cold water, making sure it is all combined. Chop the chocolate very finely and place in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water. Start to melt the chocolate then add the cocoa powder mix to it, keep stirring until this has all melted, heating gently.
- Remove from the heat and add two tbsp of boiling water, this will make the mixture very smooth and thin. Leave to cool, ready to use for later.
- Whisk the eggs white using an electric whisk to soft peaks, beat in the sugar 1 tbsp at a time until it becomes thick and glossy.
- Beat the yoghurt into the cooled chocolate mixture and fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate. This will make it easier to fold in the remaining egg whites and keep all the air inside the mousse. Fold in the remaining egg whites using a large metal spoon. Gently spoon this mixture into a large serving dish and set in the fridge.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving. Enjoy.