Dulce De Leche & Chocolate Brownies… By Lucy Simmon
November 23, 2014
A magnificent marriage of flavour, dark rich chocolate infused with golden nuggets of caramel all in a warmed brownie. Simple to prepare and a delight to eat.
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Yields: 20 Snack size
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 6. Grease and line with baking paper a 20cm x 20cm tray.
2. Place a bowl with the cocoa powder, smashed chocolate and butter over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally so that all the ingredients melt and mix together, smooth and silky. Cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla until pale and doubled in volume. Keep whisking while adding the cooled chocolate mixture. Now fold in the flour and baking powder, making sure there aren't any pockets of flour.
4. Tip the mixture into the tray adding blobs of 1/2 the caramel sauce, with a sharp knife swirl the caramel around. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes. The brownie is meant to be very gooey even when it is cooked...... don't over cook it.
5. To add extra yum, warm the remaining caramel through and drizzling over the brownie. Enjoy.