Epic Chocolate Tart… By Lucy Simmons
December 9, 2015
Epic......a crisp chocolate crumb base, a layer of white chocolate with glossy rich & decadent chocolate topping, a beautiful finale........
- Prep: 45 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Yields: 14 Medium
- In a food processor blitz the Oreos until they form fine crumbs. Add the chocolate and butter and blitz again until the mixture starts to come together, then add the salt. Pour the crumbs out into a loose bottomed tart tin and press against the bottom and sides using a flat bottomed cup. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until set.
- Spread the melted white chocolate over the base - this will give the tart a nice white layer when cutting into it. Place in the fridge until set.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk and cornflour and set aside.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place into a medium saucepan with the cream, sieved cocoa powder, espresso powder, sugar, vanilla, oil and a pinch of salt. Place over a medium heat and using a whisk, mix the chocolate until melted, smooth and glossy.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the milk and cornflour mixture, place back over a low heat and keep whisking and as it starts to thicken stir with a wooden spoon - this will take about 10 minutes. To test, lift the spoon out of the mixture, run your finger down the back and the line should stay and coat the back of the spoon.
- Pour this mixture into a jug, cover with cling film to stop a skin forming and place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the Oreo and white chocolate base and refrigerate for about 12 hours. This dessert needs to be made the day before.
- I drizzled over a little salted caramel but you could leave it as it is or drizzle over some more melted white chocolate. Enjoy.