Italian Sausage Stew with Peppers and Crunchy Croutons… By Lucy Simmons
July 1, 2014
This is a very simple and very delicious. A meal that all the family can enjoy. The different textures of the meal work well together, crunchy croutons add lovely texture to the Italian sausage and pepper. A simple yet delicious supper. Enjoy.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Yields: 4 Medium
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/ gas mark 4. Take the sausage meat and roll it into balls, about the size of a golf ball, place on a baking tray and put in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
2. Put the ciabatta onto a baking tray, drizzle over 2tbsp of olive oil, season with salt and pepper then sprinkle over the thyme leaves. Put in the oven for 15 minutes until golden, leave to cool slightly then rip into bite sized croutons.
3. Roughly slice the peppers and put into a pan with the rest of the oil on a high heat. Add the garlic and rosemary and fry for 3 minutes.
4. Take the meatballs out of the oven. In a different pan pour in the tomatoes and add the pepper mix and bring to the boil. Add the meatballs, stir and cook for 13 minutes (uncovered).
5. Once cooked season with some salt and pepper, stir in the parsley and serve with the croutons, and some freshly grated parmesan.