Mango, Cardamon & White Chocolate Easter or Anytime Bread… By Lucy Simmons
April 5, 2016
A total taste explosion, mango, cardamon, white chocolate & pistachio, sweet bread traditionally served at Easter, we feel any time of the year is perfect......
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Yields: 1 Large
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, yeast, salt, cardamon and sugar with 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Melt the butter with milk while stirring, let it cool to room temperature and beat in a egg and the vanilla paste. Using either a wooden spoon or a dough hook attachment mix in the melted butter mixture into the flour until fully combined, leave this mixture for 10 minutes before kneading on a floured surface. Knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and stretchy.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl covered with cling film and leave to prove for an hour or until doubled in size.
- Without kneading roll the dough to a 30 X 60 cm rectangle on a lightly floured surface, place the chucks of mango and smashed pieces of white chocolate over the dough with the sugar and vanilla bean powder. Roll up the dough tightly so no pieces can fall out and if they do just add them back in.
- Line a baking tray with some baking parchment and layer the roll of dough on it. Cut the dough in half length ways leaving one end attached, twist the two pieces of dough together almost like a plait. Leave to rise for another 30 minutes and bake in a preheated oven (200C) for 25-30 minutes. The bread should be golden and make a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.
- Mix the apricot jam with some water and using a pastry brush, brush over the bread to give a shiny glaze. Sprinkle the pistachios over the bread. Cut into slices. Devour!