Oriental Pork & Noodles…To Celebrate The Year Of The Goat. By Lucy Simmons
February 25, 2015
A beautiful vibrant, zingy, aromatic creation to celebrate the Chinese New Year and the Year of the Goat, well we used pork !!!!
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Yields: 4 Large
1. Prepare all the vegetables and pork, like most things in life a little preperation goes a long way.
2. Rub the ground pepper over the sliced pork fillet and set aide until later.
3. Place the oils in a wok with the mushroom, chillies and ginger. Fry until golden. Add the pepper, bean sprouts, spring onion, pak choi and garlic. Fry for another 2-3 minutes until everything is soft. Add the noodles with the chicken stock and cook for a further 3 minutes to make the noodles piping hot. Turn the heat down and stir occasionally while cooking the pork.
4. To cook the pork drizzle some sunflower oil into a frying pan and cook the pork on both sides for five minutes on a very high heat, add a generous splash of the dark soy sauce and a good squeeze of honey. To check if the pork is cooked cut the middle of the largest piece of pork checking its cooked through, add the pork to the vegetables for a minute, giving it a good coating of the beautiful sauce.
5. Serve onto a warmed platter, scatter handfuls of freshly chopped coriander leaf, toasted sesame seeds and an extra dash of rich dark soy. Simply devour...........