Risotto, Red Pepper & Baby Asparagus Tips… By Lucy Simmons
September 29, 2014
A truly delicious and heart warming simple weekday supper. Today I used red peppers and baby asparagus, beautiful enjoy.
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Yields: 2 Large
1. Chop and prepare the onions, peppers, asparagus and herbs, season then place in a pan with the olive oil, sauté over a medium heat until the vegetables are soft and tender.
2. Make up the stock with boiling water (400ml).
3. Add the rice to the pan and gently fry for a few minutes, stirring all the time so it doesn't stick.
4. Add a ladle or two of the stock to the rice and keep stirring. When all the stock is absorbed add a little more stock, keep doing this process until all the risotto rice is cooked. It will be cooked when the rice is smooth and tender to the bite. This might take up to 20 minutes and remember to check for seasoning.
5. Now the risotto is ready to serve. In ring moulds, pack the risotto firmly, gently lift the ring off leaving a beautiful tower of risotto rice. Dust with grated parmesan, a dash of extra virgin olive oil and a few twirls of red pepper, black pepper and a few leaves of parsley. Simple, delicious and fun, a truly heart warming supper. Enjoy.