Roasted Beetroot, Sweet Potato & Jarlsberg Tart…… By Lucy Simmons
April 3, 2015
Simple, delicious and a truly adaptable dish anytime of day, sweet beetroot, nutty Jarsberg cheese, onion, herbs and sweet & white potatoes.......
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 1 hr 40 mins
- Yields: 1
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/ gas mark 5. Grease a large 30cm loose-bottomed tin (grease the sides and the base).
2. Peel and chop the potatoes and sweet potatoes and place them in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Meanwhile peel and coarsely grate the beetroot and cheese. Place in a bowl with half of the grated onion.
3. When the potatoes are ready drain and cool. When they are cold, grate the potatoes and put them into another bowl, adding the other half of the onion. Season both of the bowls with salt, pepper, olive oil and thyme.
4. Scatter half of the potato into the tin but don't press it down, scatter half of the beetroot mix over the potatoes, scatter another lot of potatoes over the beetroot but save some to put over the top, scatter the remaining beetroot over the top and finish with the rest of the potato. Cut the butter into chunks and place over the top.
5. Cover with tin foil making sure it doesn't touch the tart and cook for 50- 60 minutes. Remove the foil and return to the oven cook for a further 30 minutes until the top is starting to turn golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
6. Make the mustard sauce - mix all the ingredients in a small bowl with 2 tbsp of warm water and season to taste.
7. Loosen the edge of the tart and put a small cup underneath to push the tart out of tin, cut into slices and serve with a green salad and drizzle the sauce over the tart. Enjoy.