Roasted Tomato & Wensleydale Tart… By Lucy Simmons
August 20, 2014
I made this simple supper for my family in the week, everyone loved it. It was something different compared to the usual quiche. It was very flavoursome and the tomatoes worked really well with the crumbly cheese filling.
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Yields: 5 Large
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Place the flour in a large bowl and, using your fingertips, rub in the butter until finely blended. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk, then use a round-bladed knife to bring it all together to make a soft dough.
2. Knead the dough briefly then roll out and use to line a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin.
3. Beat together the egg, soft cheese, mustard and three-quarters of the Wensleydale and chives. Spoon into the tart case.
4. Arrange the tomatoes on top, cut-side up, then scatter over the reserved Wensleydale. Grind over some black pepper and spray lightly with olive oil.
5. Sit the tart on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until set and golden. Sprinkle over the reserved chives and serve with a salad. Enjoy.