Smoked Rainbow Trout……
December 1, 2015
Beautiful, seasonal rainbow trout, marinated & smoked over a gentle heat of smoking wood chips, rosemary, thyme & juniper.......Epic fun, epic taste and check out our recipe for smoked trout pate, it's off the tasty bud richter scale.......
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Yields: 1 Feast
Smoked Rainbow Trout.
1. Season the trout fillets with salt, sugar, pepper, lemon zest, lime zest and gin. Set aside.
2. Preheat outside barbecue (barbecue needs a lid) to medium high.
3. Soak wood chips in water for 5 minutes. Put chips in a heavy-bottomed sauté pan with oven-proof handles and place on preheated lower rack of the barbecue. When the chips get hot and start smoking, about 10 to 20 minutes, add thyme, rosemary and juniper to the woodchips.
4. Put trout fillets, skin side down on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet on the upper rack of the barbecue (Keep sauté pan of wood chips on the barbecue on the lower rack).
5. Close the lid of your barbecue and turn down the heat to the lowest setting. Smoke the trout for about 15 to 25 minutes or until trout fillets are cooked through.
6. Remove the smoked trout fillets from barbecue and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.