Sweet Potato & Parmesan Ravioli With Mango Salad & Roasted Pumpkin Seeds… By Lucy Simmons
October 14, 2014
Beautiful freshly made ravioli parcels, filled with sweet potato & parmesan, served on a zingy fresh mango salad, simple and totally delicious......
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 5 mins
- Yields: 4 Medium
1. To make the fresh pasta put the flour and eggs into a bowl and mix until it forms a dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and stretchy. Wrap in cling film, give it a kiss of love and let it rest for 30 minutes.
2. To make the filling, boil the potatoes until they become soft or for more flavour roast them in their skins. Drain the water and mash the potatoes. When the mixture is warm add the grated parmesan and roasted pumpkin seeds, reserving a few roasted seeds to scatter on the zesty salad.
3. Cut the pasta dough into quarters. Using a pasta machine roll out the pasta dough until it is thin then cut into squares. Place one tsp of the filling onto the pasta, spacing it out evenly, place another sheet of pasta on top. Brush the sides with some water and stick together, expelling any air as you go.
4. Bring a pan of water up to the rapid boil with plenty of salt. Add the ravioli to the water, at this point make sure it isn't boiling otherwise the ravioli will split. Cook for 4-5 minutes, they will float to the top, then drain and place in a warmed bowl.
5. To make the salad wash the leaves, chop the mango, slice the radish and get the pomegranate seeds, place in a bowl and serve with the ravioli.
6. Drizzle the ravioli with chilli oil and garnish with some herbs and a twist of freshly milled black pepper. Enjoy.