Warm Steak Salad with Asparagus, Green Beans & New Potatoes… By Lucy Simmons
August 13, 2015
One of my Dad's favourite meals to share on a warm summer evening, occasionally firing up the BBQ to cook the steaks for me, he loves that BBQ flavour, simple, delicious and packed with flavour...........
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Yields: 2 Generous
1. Halve the new potatoes and cook in lightly salted boiling water until tender. Meanwhile, make the dressing; In a small food processor blitz together the garlic, parsley, mint, mustard, vinegar and most of the olive oil, taste and adjust to get the perfect flavour.
2. Drain the potatoes and place back in the pan, mixing with half the dressing, leave until ready to use.
3. Place the asparagus and green beans in a frying pan with some butter and fry for about 5-10 minutes until tender with a crunch, add to the pan of potatoes.
4. Pre-heat a griddle pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the steaks and season with salt and pepper, giving it all a good massage, place the marinated steaks into the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
5. Mix the potatoes, asparagus tips, beans and salad leaves together and gently place on a large serving platter. Slice the steak and place on top of the salad, drizzle with remaining dressing. Enjoy! This is one of my Dad's favourites on a warm summers evening.............